Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Super" Assemblies

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dbussie
438 Views, 3 Replies

"Super" Assemblies

Up to now, I've been creating separate assemblies for the areas of my corridor that have superelevation.  But, I've been thinking that I may not need to do that.  Can I have all of my assemblies with the superelevation properties turned on?  The corridor will only use that if there is a super in that area of my alignment, right?  This would save a lot of time that I spend on creating separate "super" assemblies.  Is there anything that I'm missing on this?

Thank you in advance!

Desirea
Civil 3d 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sboon
in reply to: dbussie

Ideally you can have one assembly for the entire road, unless you're dealing with intersections or other unusual circumstances.  All of my assemblies are built with the superelevation parameters turned on.  If I haven't applied a design speed and created superelevation then the assembly uses the default slopes instead.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 4
dbussie

Great!  That was the answer I was hoping for.

Message 4 of 4
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

You can also use Conditional sub-assemblies to create if-then scenarios, such as "do this if you see a sidewalk" otherwise do that, or "do this if you see a ditch" otherwise do that...

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report