Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No compatible objects found" looped dialogue when delete empty pipe network

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
troma
441 Views, 6 Replies

"No compatible objects found" looped dialogue when delete empty pipe network

We have our pipe networks set up in our template.  But in actual use, we don't use them in every project.  Even in a project where we're using them, they will be d-ref'd around, so I don't need the actual network set up in each drawing.

I was deleting my unused, empty pipe networks from a drawing (to reduce file size and to avoid getting the "8 Objects not selected" dialogue when using quick select.)

I deleted 3 or 4 networks, then on the next one I got this message:

No compatible objects found.png

C3D was apparantly not content with merely informing me once of this interesting fact.  No, the message was obviously considered so important that it had to be repeated.  Many many times, for emphasis.  So many times, that after I'd keept my finger on the Escape key for a minute or two, the program still felt that I needed to see this important dialogue box.

I used Task Manager to get out of the program.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
troma
in reply to: troma

Seriously, anyone at all?  No need to feel shy.

Mark Green

Message 3 of 7
Jeff_M

Just so you dont feel ignored...I have never seen this, but then, I only used 2011 for a short time before going back to 2010 until 2012 was released. I, too, keep empty networks in my template and have deleted them when not needed without issue.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 7
troma
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks.

My workaround is to hit save after every second or third one is deleted.  Logically, if I crash after I just hit save I haven't lost much.  But I also feel like hitting save prevents crashes, as if it makes the program more stable if there's been a save recently.  Is that true, or just my imagination?

Mark Green

Message 5 of 7
Jeff_M

@troma wrote:

Is that true, or just my imagination?

If this works for you, then it must be true. Smiley Happy Personally, I haven't noticed a difference whether I save, or not. The biggest difference, in the reduction of crashes, I've ever noticed was when I moved from a 32 bit OS and 4 gb RAM to a 64 bit system with 12gb. 

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 7
troma
in reply to: Jeff_M

Must be nice   Smiley Sad

Mark Green

Message 7 of 7
troma

I think I just solved the mystery, somewhat at least.  I just did it again, but I realised that instead of clicking on "Delete" I clicked on "Export to Storm Sewers" just above.  Since there are no objects to export, the dialogue message makes sense, once.  Doesn't make so much sense ad infinitum.

Anyone care to test this for me?  Close any other drawings, start a new drawing and make a pipe network with no pipes or structures.  Then right-click on the network and Export to Storm Sewers.  If I'm right, you will then need to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to close the program.  (I'm working in 2011)

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report