Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Layered" conditional subassemblies

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
daveh
269 Views, 2 Replies

"Layered" conditional subassemblies

How do you accomplish "conditional daylighting"? In other words, when grading off the edge of a rehabbed runway, we generally have a turf shoulder that is 10' wide and has a slope of -5%. We then grade the rest of the safety area, in this case an additional 20', at -1.5%. But, in the project we are working on now, if we daylight somewhere in that 30', we can terminate the grading at that point. My problem is that I don't know how to tell a subassembly that if it daylights in the first 10' at -5%, great, but if not, to continue another 20' at -1.5%. If we still haven't daylighted, then we daylight at 6:1, regardless of how far that is.

What I have done in the past is create different assemblies for different situations, i.e., a template that daylights at -5% off the edge of the pavement regardless of how far it goes. Then, I just manually determine where that daylighting takes place more than 10' from the edge of the pavement, and use another assembly. I'm hoping there is way of doing that with 1 assembly.

Thanks

Dave
Civil 3D 2015
Win 7 Premium 64
Quad
8GB
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: daveh

have you tried Daylight Multi Intercept looks like this will get you there. from the help

This subassembly attempts to find all possible daylight points for the cut slope condition. If one or more daylight points are found, they are ordered and numbered by increasing offset from the hinge point. The daylight link is terminated at the point that matches the Intercept Number value. If the intercept number is higher than the number of intercepts found, the last intercept is used.

If no daylight points are found for the cut condition, the process is repeated for the fill condition.

Message 3 of 3
daveh
in reply to: daveh

Thanks for the reply.

What I'm trying to do is that if I daylight before a specific offset, in this case 10', then stop the grading. If not, then attempt to daylight at a different grade before a different offset, etc. I'm just not sure how to do that.

Thanks

Dave
Civil 3D 2015
Win 7 Premium 64
Quad
8GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report