Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"E" & "W" reversed on viewcube

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
n2itive
1340 Views, 5 Replies

"E" & "W" reversed on viewcube

I am working in C3D 2013 creating a new "clean" template and continue to have the problem of the view cube east and west getting flipped. I've had this problem occasionally in the past and by editing the GEOGRAPHICLOCATION seemed to solve this. Generally I noticed the "z" coordinate setting would flip from a "+" to a "-" thus causing the "e" & "w" swap. My problem is that this is no longer a permanent fix. Every time I open the dwg I am have to edit the GEOGRAPHICLOCATION.

Has anyone else experienced this and have you come up with a permanent solution. I know I could just turn off the view cube and pretend I never saw this issue but I'm worried this may cause other problems when it comes to coordinates and survey data.

Infrastructure Design Suite 2014
Civil 3D 2013 sp2
Windows 7 x 64, 16 GB
Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K2000
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dgordon
in reply to: n2itive

audit & purge? Repair installation?  start with a new template and migrate all styles over?

just a guess at what might solve the situation.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 6
BrianHailey

I believe this was addressed with SP1 for Civil 3D 2013 although I can't find it in the readme anywhere. You can download it from HERE.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 6
n2itive
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thanks for some of the suggestions... a little more info...

I do purged/audit before I close each session since I am in the process of creating a new template using the OOTB one and then importing our current styles from previous templates. After 4 years of just opening the previous templates and doing a save-as in the new release I thought it would be a good idea to start from scratch so to speak.

I did have SP-1 installed prior to initiating work on a revised 2013 template.

Civil 3D 2013 sp2
Windows 7 x 64, 16 GB
Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Message 5 of 6
n2itive

Hello, anyone at Autodesk want to chime in?? I'm sorry but I am absolutely furious right now. This is unacceptable.

EVERY TIME I OPEN A DWG IN C3D 2013 THE GEOGRAPHICLOCATION SETTINGS ARE MESSED UP AND IN TURN MAKE THE VIEWCUBE ALL WHACKED OUT (FLIPPED & ROTATED). I HAVE TO THEN REMOVE THE GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION WHICH IN TURN SETS MY COORDINATE SYSTEM UNDER DRAWING SETTINGS TO "NO DATUM". THIS IS GOING TO CAUSE AN ISSUE AT SOME POINT. NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT STUPID LITTLE BUGS LIKE THESE SHOULD NOT COME WITH A MULTI THOUSAND DOLLAR PRICE TAG.

Civil 3D 2013 sp2
Windows 7 x 64, 16 GB
Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Message 6 of 6
dseatter

I have the same type of issue.

Sometimes the cube is completely reversed, sometimes it's off by 5 degrees.

I have the geographiclocation edited to be +z & zero in my template but it

changes to -z and 5 all time.

Very annoying.

Dave Seatter, PLS
C3D 2013 SP1
Win 7 x64 Pro SP1 - 12.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon W3530@2.8 GHz - ATI FirePro 4800
Dell T3500

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report