Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Drive" and 3D objects

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mrowles
322 Views, 3 Replies

"Drive" and 3D objects

I've been asked to demonstrate what it might look like, roughly, to drive along an existing street and see new 5-7 story buildings on either side of the road. I've been playing with 3ds Max Design but typically I'm a Civil 3D guy creating surfaces and survey data. The learning curve seems reasonable but my deadline is in 8 days.

My question is two-fold:

Because rendering materials is not necessarily a priority (although it would a nice detail) would I be better off trying to create the buildings in Civil 3D and using the "drive" feature or should I try to solve this with 3ds?

Is there a way to export the "drive" video from Civil 3D so that it can be viewed as part of a presentation? Perhaps a .wma file or similar?

We are using '14 products.

Thanks in advance for any advice/direction.

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: mrowles

One you have your model you can draw a feature line along a path you choose and then use the anipath along that feature to create a video right in C3D.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
mrowles
in reply to: jmayo-EE

John that's excellent.  I learn something every day with this stuff.  Many thanks.

Matt

Message 4 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: mrowles

No prob, HTH.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report