Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Drawing ID is not valid"

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Sinc
801 Views, 10 Replies

"Drawing ID is not valid"

We have a set of drawings that get a "Drawing ID is not valid" whenever they are opened in Civil 3D 2010.  These drawings were created in C3D 2009, and they do not have this issue in C3D 2009.

Anyone know what this issue is, and how to fix it?  It's extremely annoying, because it pops up for every sheet in the set, and there's 40 sheets.  So when I want to publish the sheet set, I have to sit there and hit "OK" 40 times.  And since it takes about a half a minute to open each drawing, that means I have to sit at the computer for nearly a half hour, waiting for that dialog box for the first page, then hit OK, then wait for that dialog box for the second page, hit OK, then wait for the dialog box for the third page, etc. ad nauseum totum.

Sinc
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Jeff_M
in reply to: Sinc

Is this a general Autocad mesage, or Map, or SSM?

Have you run Audit an the drawings & xrefs?

Is there some Map attachment that it is no longer finding in 2010? 

'Tis all I can think of at this time.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 11
jmayo-EE

Wblock'ng it all into a new dwg should get rid of it if the recovery doesn't.

RcoverAll may help.

John 

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
Sinc
in reply to: Jeff_M

Map queries were involved, including some images being queried in from drawing data sources.

I opened and saved all the drawings, updating them to 2010 format, and the problem seems to have gone away.  It looks like Map queries don't like having drawings that mix the 2009 and 2010 formats.

Sinc
Message 5 of 11
jmayo-EE

Thanks for posting back.

John

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
Sinc

Well, I guess that problem didn't go away after all.  It came time to print out this Sheet Set again - it's now up to 39 pages - and I get two "Drawing ID is not valid" error messages for every page.  So I get to sit here for the next half-hour hitting "Close" twice for every page before it will print.

Pretty darn annoying.  Smiley Sad

I wish I had some idea what this error is, or why it appeared in C3D 2010 when it didn't exist in C3D 2009.

Sinc
Message 7 of 11
Sinc

Never mind, guess I don't have to sit here hitting "OK" for the next half-hour after all...

Civil 3D crashed attempting to print the sheet set.  This is looking grim...

Sinc
Message 8 of 11
Sinc

Hah!  Got it to print!

This plan set has an XREF - I'll call it XREF "A" - which includes another XREF - I'll call it XREF "B".  XREF "B" is "attached" to XREF "A", and the XREF "A" is "overlayed" into the rest of the plan set.

I don't think XREF "A" ever got upgraded to 2010.  So I opened up XREF "A" and resaved it.  Then I printed the plan sheet while XREF "A" was open in Civil 3D.  I did not get any "Drawing ID is not valid" error messages, and the entire plan set printed.

So I'm tentatively thinking that maybe this is related to some sort of 2009/2010 compatibility problem.  Either that, or having the XREF open in C3D during the Sheet Set print somehow sidestepped the problem.

I have no idea what really happened.  I'm just happy that I got the whole thing printed, and didn't have to resort to printing one page at a time.

Sinc
Message 9 of 11
jmayo-EE

Glad to see you got it going. I should have recommended the RecoverAll command in my 1st reply.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
Sinc
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Not sure if RecoverAll would have helped or not.  Since it seems that possibly all files merely needed to be upgraded to 2010 in order for everything to work (I think...?), then RecoverAll might have solved it, too.  I actually didn't try that command, since I have 30+ sheet drawings, and didn't want to try running RecoverAll on all of them.  (As far as I know, there's no way to run commands like that on a Sheet Set, short of maybe scripting or other custom programming.)

Still not really sure about the underlying cause or solution, but as long as the problem is gone, I'm happy...  Smiley Happy

Sinc
Message 11 of 11
jmayo-EE

Yeah this won't help the invalid id but if you use recoverall the first time you open dwg's like this, all xref's are updated to the new version so it's just a work around to prevent the issue.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report