Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Copy dependent deleted objects" does not work or maybe I dont understand it...

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tonnot
529 Views, 3 Replies

"Copy dependent deleted objects" does not work or maybe I dont understand it...

I have a closed polyline, I add it as a boundary , I delete it, I rebuild the surface (because I have the warning icon).

Ok, the boundary line does not exist...  and I have the "standard" limits.

What is for this option ????

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Civil 3D (2013) how much you have to improve....

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: tonnot

Do you set that option to Yes and Rebuild prior to deleting the boundary? The Surface should not be marked out of date when that is set to Yes and an object is deleted.

VIDEO showing the process.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
dgordon
in reply to: tonnot

copied from the help file....

Insert contour data into the drawing as AutoCAD polylines using the Insert to Drawing command.

In some situations, the surface keeps breakline or contour data (a list of their point coordinates), but does not associate them with an object. This may happen, for example, when you deleted an entity that the surface depends on, but the Copy Deleted Dependent Objects option on the Definition Tab (Surface Properties Dialog Box) page of the Surface Properties dialog box is set to Yes. In this case, the surface simply converts its reference from a drawing entity to a list of points defining the object’s geometry.

To restore the reference to the object entity, you can insert the data associated with the deleted contour.

cheers!

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 4 of 4
tonnot
in reply to: Jeff_M

Ok, you have to mark the option before -

Thanks

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Civil 3D (2013) how much you have to improve....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report