Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Profile Lock Down

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
f_bobadilla
347 Views, 4 Replies

Quick Profile Lock Down

Not everytime but very often when I create a quick profile from line, polyline or feature line, my Autocads locks.  The only thing I can see is the command prompt asking to specify the point of origin for the quick profile and I can't seem to do anything.  The only way to get out of the command is by trying to close the autocad window in the task bar or task manager. 

To fix this it takes various steps: regenall, zooming out, but still the odd time I get it to work.  This seems to me like a video card issue, but I had this problem with several video cards and windows versions (7&8).  Currently using Nvidia Geoforce GTX 770M.  This is quite annoying and time consuming.  I'm wondering if anyone is getting similar issues and perhaps solutions to this issue?  Running Civil 3D 2014

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: f_bobadilla

Since you are having trouble with the quick Profile and a quick Profile is not saved when closing, perhaps this may help.  I usually make a Misc. alignment and keep it off to the side.  When I want a profile I just drag it over the line or whatever and use it again.  The profile is already waiting as well.

Bill

Message 3 of 5
f_bobadilla

Hi Bill,

That's a pretty smart idea, however how would you handle profiles from 3d entities such as feature lines?  I will definetely use your trick for when I'm checking surfaces only.  But there are instances where I want a profile of a feature line and a surface.

Thanks,

Francisco

Message 4 of 5
troma

Does the PROJECTOBJECTSTOPROF command do what you need?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 5
neilyj666

I've had some issues with quick profiles

do a forum search for quick profiles and filter on my username

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report