Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quick move points to adjacent plines

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
805 Views, 11 Replies

quick move points to adjacent plines

I`m looking for a quick and easy wasy to move mulitple points at once to an adajcent pline. i added and attachment below, you can see the points fall real close to the plines. any help would be greatful 

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

Based on the attached image it doesn't look possible to select all points shown and move all points at once to  properly fit the green polylines, (assuming the nodes are to match the polyline vertices's or line up w/ pline).

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

that is correct. the points fall close to the plines once imported and i have to manually move every individual point either to the adjacent endpoint or nearest pline intersection. we were hoping for some type of quick command to move the points to the closest plines.

Message 4 of 12
Jay_B

As far as I know there is not, they would need to be moved individually.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 12
wfberry

At some point the question needs to be asked:

1. Why do you need points if you already have nodes?

or

2  It is easier to import points along the pline than move the existing.

Bill

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

the nodes have no value, except horizontally. the points hold the z value for us. we are land surveyors running two scanners. this is the most efficient way we have found to process the point cloud data. we draw plines in cad from the cloud, take topographic shots in the cloud, then move them to the adjacent plines back in cad. they have to move the points to make the tin/surface match the plines and make the survey look beautiful.    

Message 7 of 12
TerryDotson

Our MapWorks Points module has a Point Line Snap tool that will work on a selection of AECC points and multiple linear geometry (such as polylines).  It can optionally retain the point elevation or acquire the elevation of the snapped point.  An offset tolerance throws out points too far away from the geometry.

Message 8 of 12
doni49

@Anonymous wrote:

the nodes have no value, except horizontally. the points hold the z value for us. we are land surveyors running two scanners. this is the most efficient way we have found to process the point cloud data. we draw plines in cad from the cloud, take topographic shots in the cloud, then move them to the adjacent plines back in cad. they have to move the points to make the tin/surface match the plines and make the survey look beautiful.    

It sounds like you want the pline to be used as a break line and you want the points to provide the elevation data for that pline.  Correct?

Create a featureline out of the pline and tell it to add elevation points.  Every location where the pline crosses the triangles that the points generated, an elevation point will be inserted along the featureline.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 9 of 12
doni49
in reply to: doni49

Here's a couple dwg files for you to play with to see what I mean.  Before.dwg shows just a basic EG surface and a pline.  I copied that file as After.dwg and converted the pline to a featureline and added elevation points per the screenshots.

AssignElev.png

AssignElevOptions.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: TerryDotson

this module works great. i like the option for the offset tolerance in the point line snap. also, i like which options you can select in the point snap to geomerty command. it would be a perfect module for us if they combined both of these into one option, which first (primary) set an endpoint tolerance within 2 ft then second if no end point it would jump the nearest. one last option we would like is a ghost node showing where it came from. other than that this might save us some time for now. thanks for your help

Message 11 of 12
TerryDotson

Can you email me a small portion of the drawing (same part you showed the capture of) so I can work with it and see if we can combine the tools.  Maybe copy the small area off to the side and show before/after (after being your ideal results).

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: TerryDotson

Iappreciate all the help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report