Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quick elevation edit trouble

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
BrianD17
2320 Views, 9 Replies

quick elevation edit trouble

I've creaetd feature lines and made them breaklines on the surface.  When I go back to use the quick elevation edit tool to change an elevation at either where I've previously put a PI or elevation point I don't get the triangle cursor so i'm not able to select and change the elevations  The slope triangle between elevations isn't showing up either.  It's not every feature line in the drawing, only some and i've been able to manipulate all of them in the past.  I've removed the feature line and redrawn them but got the same results.  Any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mathewkol
in reply to: BrianD17

You need to make sure that the site is set properly in the Quick Elevaiton Edit tool.  The triangle shows only on feature lines on the same site that is currently set.  Look at the command line after you've started the QE tool.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 10
gstolanPQX59
in reply to: mathewkol

I am having a similar problem only I the PI points show up for edit but the elevation points do not. There is only one site in the dwg so the site fix is not the solution. I can edit the elevation points but the circle just does not show up when hovering over them during quick elevation edit command. 

Message 4 of 10

I am also having this issue in multiple drawings. It is not the Site for sure. I've already tested that. It is random feature lines and sometimes it works on a feature line one day then the next it won't.

Message 5 of 10

Also having this issue on multiple drawings.  Not a site issue and not a 0 layer issue.  Any help is appreciated.

Message 6 of 10

I would suggest attaching a very simple drawing with only a few feature lines so we can test.  Which C3D version do you use?

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 7 of 10

I just figured it out on our end..  We were using a feature line style that used layer 0 in the style so that the feature line would utilize whatever properties of the layer that it was set to.  After changing the feature line style to use a different layer the markers have shown back up.  Layer 0 was on and thawed..  

Message 8 of 10

I have had this C3D glitch happen twice. No idea how it starts happening. To fix it though I select all my feature lines and explode them to 3D polylines. After that undo the command and the feature lines will work again with the quick elevation feature. The feature lines will hold all elevations at the PIs during the process. No idea why it works but it does. Hope this helps.

Message 9 of 10
amonsour
in reply to: BrianD17

You also have to make sure all of the feature lines are on the same "site".  If you accidentally created feature lines on multiple "sites", the quick edit will only check/modify one at a time.  You can right-click on the feature line and "move site" or you can select the quick edit, then choose "site" to select which is applicable for edit.

Message 10 of 10
Andrey_Goretoy
in reply to: mathewkol

Thank you for your input.  - this issue bugged me for a while but seems no one was pointing out on the FL/site synergy as FL assigned Site must be current in order for editor highlighting Node/Slope  Triangles to display on screen properly.

It worked for me as a charm. 

For clarification when you click on FL for using the Quick Elevation Edit tool - choose Site option on the command line to make sure to select site that this FL is belongs to.  Choosing SITE from the sub menu will let you either click on the FL from screen and set its site current OR to hit Enter and get it from the dialog.  I think clicking from the screen is the fool-proof method.

If you created FL that belongs to a _NONE_ site - you still need to make it current in order for editor for this FL to work as well.

This hierarchy need to be understood in order to work with FL editor flawlessly.

Thank you again for the hint!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report