AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Mentor
Hidden_Brain
Message 1 of 3 (106 Views)

question on pipe/structure tables

106 Views, 2 Replies
06-16-2012 05:03 AM

i am interested to know the best way to tabulate pipes when you have both round and elliptical ones in your network. the option i get is pipe inner diameter or width, and a separate inner height.

assume i have 15" circular and 19"x30" elliptical. if i set table style to report inner pipe dia or width, the cirular will report as 15", but the elliptical will report as 30" (for horizontal elliptical). if i go with inner heightx inner dia. or width, the elliptical will come out as i want, but the circular will report as 15"x15".

i know i can add a pipe description following the size, but it sure will be nice to have a way to set it up so that circulars are tabulated as diameters, and ellipticals as risexspan.

if anyone can give suggestions to steer me in the right directions, or thoughts to share how to approach this, i would much appreciate.

Avishek Chhibber, P.E., CFM
Civil 3D 2013 SP2, Win 7-64 bit
8GB RAM
*Expert Elite*
Joe-Bouza
Message 2 of 3 (84 Views)

Re: question on pipe/structure tables

06-17-2012 02:04 PM in reply to: Hidden_Brain

I have no answer at this time, but if you were fornaerly "youngEit" congratulations

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People) Civil 3D 2012 & 2013
HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win7 OS
Valued Mentor
Hidden_Brain
Message 3 of 3 (79 Views)

Re: question on pipe/structure tables

06-17-2012 05:35 PM in reply to: Hidden_Brain
Thanks Joe, yes, I have joined the club!
About my post in how to handle circular and elliptical pipes, if anyone can share some thoughts, I'd really appreciate.
Avishek Chhibber, P.E., CFM
Civil 3D 2013 SP2, Win 7-64 bit
8GB RAM
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.