Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about video card specs

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
279 Views, 1 Reply

question about video card specs

My employer expects me to do Civil 3d work, and recently bought new computers as part of their updating to windows 7 and 64-bit software, but when i am in civil 3d and try to do anything like grading, or if i am trying to orbit in 3d and/or display in shaded/realistic view it's so painfully slow that it's not worth trying and just freezes for minutes while it's trying to display the changes. The computer has 16gb ram, a quad-core intel processor, but a video card that can be bought online for $40, an HD 6450. I just want to get some advice and make sure this is the problem before suggesting they buy a better card for my computer, and what would be the minimum they could spend to make it bearable to work with?

(my pc has comparable specs with a much better video card and I don't have any problems with other Autodesk programs so i'm assuming this is the problem)

Thanks,

Rich

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This page will show you certified and recommended video cards. Civil 3D appears not to be an option when selecting "Product" but I assume if falls under AutoCAD....

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/cert?siteID=123112&id=16391880

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report