Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about structure insertion point and pipe connection point

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Hidden_Brain
768 Views, 3 Replies

question about structure insertion point and pipe connection point

please see attached image, i have a big structure 96"x102" to inner walls with 6" wall thickness. i have two 48"x76" pipes connecting to it, which have 6.5" wall thickness. the problem is that the pipes seem to "connect" to the insertion point of the structure, which is the grip highlighted in the attached image. i am using a rectangular juction structure NF, with a custom block that shows the grate, the curb piece and how the curb piece lines up with the curb line. the pipe coming into the structure from the north is ok, but the pipe leaving the structure to the right shows up partially outside the structure limits (see attached image). is there a way to fix this, so that the pipes to not "connect" at the structure insertion points?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mathewkol
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

You can select the pips grip and move it so that it's where you want it. Don't move it too much or it will become detached.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

Some of the suggestions in this thread might also help.
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Pipe-Networks-Connect-to-Part-issue/m-p/39473...
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 4
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: Jay_B

thank you guys, looks like there is hope! you guys are geniuses! I will try the pipe grip edit tomorrow and post back. thank you again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report