Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quarry modelisation 3d

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
nabil.zaima
1156 Views, 8 Replies

quarry modelisation 3d

Hello
I'm a student and I have a project on the modelisation 3d of quarry and estimated reserves and link this surface with a database contain information about the quarry and the situation in different time. I would like to ask you if civil 3d can help me in this project and how ?
thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
nilesh33
in reply to: nabil.zaima

Hi,

We can use Civil 3D to the same.
If you elaborate more about project then we can list out activities & procedures in Civil 3D

Regrds,

Nilesh

Message 3 of 9
antoniovinci

I fear Civil was not thought to project underground ceilings, sir.

However I'm curious to listen to Nilesh solution.

Message 4 of 9
neilyj666
in reply to: antoniovinci

@antoniovinci wrote:

I fear Civil was not thought to project underground ceilings, sir.

However I'm curious to listen to Nilesh solution.

The OP is talking about an open pit quarry (presumably) thus no need to model underground ceilings.

However without knowledge of the data available no more advice can be given....Smiley Frustrated

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 9
antoniovinci
in reply to: neilyj666

neilyj wrote:

talking about an open pit quarry (presumably) 

I was thinking of a closed mine, but I guess you're right indeed...

Message 6 of 9
nabil.zaima

Effectively, I talk about an open pit quarry. I should modelling the quarry on 3d : I have plans of quarry in different time format dwg and I have a database of points contains coordinate with different dates like attached file.
I should make modelling 3d the quarry in different time to see the change of the situation. then make estimates of extraction between two dates.

Excuse me I'm not English, I make a lot of mistake

thanks

Message 7 of 9
neilyj666

Your English is fine....Smiley Happy

The main problem you face is that the data doesn't form particularly nice triangles due to a lack of breakline information (see screendump) and which you will have to insert yourself.

You will need to import the points as a PENZ space delimited file and build the surface, deleting invalid triangle edges (as I have done).

If you are comparing two such surfaces (say 1 week apart) you need to make sure you have sufficient overlap to include all affected areas for correct quantity calculations.

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 8 of 9
nabil.zaima

Thanks a lot , How I can compare tow surface ?
I want to also make a database contain all the situations with all information with possibilité to visualise a specific situation . it's possible with civil 3D ?
thanks

Message 9 of 9
tcorey

To compare two surfaces in 2013 or 2014, use the Volumes Dashboard from the Analyze tab of the Ribbon.

If I understand the second part of your question, yes, this can be done using the Volumes Dashboard. As you create each volume surface, a comparision between two other surfaces, that information will remain available in the volumes dashboard. Each time you do another comparision, you will have additional information that will add to your drawing-based volumes database. Is that what you were asking?

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report