AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

John_v1
Message 1 of 3 (62 Views)

Quanitity Takeoff Criteria

62 Views, 2 Replies
05-18-2012 08:15 PM

Hi There,

When I calculated cut & fill volume using quantity takeoff criteria I got cut volume : 214.13 and fill volume 966.13

But when i calculated surface volume of eg and corridor by volume method (by comparing) I got cut volume cut 973 and fill 214. It is almost other way around

I have attached the cad drawing and screen shot of quantity criteria and volume comparsion.

But If i select  eg -  Below , datum corri surf - Above for CUT

eg -  Above , datum corri surf - Below for CUT , I am getting the answer closer to volume comparsion method. But it does not make sense.

Please help How should I do

I really appreciate your help

John

*Expert Elite*
wfberry
Message 2 of 3 (50 Views)

Re: Quanitity Takeoff Criteria

05-19-2012 04:54 AM in reply to: John_v1

No attachment here on my end.

Bill

John_v1
Message 3 of 3 (46 Views)

Re: Quanitity Takeoff Criteria

05-19-2012 05:11 AM in reply to: John_v1

Hi There,

When I calculated cut & fill volume using quantity takeoff criteria I got cut volume : 214.13 and fill volume 966.13

But when i calculated surface volume of eg and corridor by volume method (by comparing) I got cut volume cut 973 and fill 214. It is almost other way around

I have attached the cad drawing and screen shot of quantity criteria and volume comparsion.

But If i select  eg -  Below , datum corri surf - Above for FILL

eg -  Above , datum corri surf - Below for CUT , I am getting the answer closer to volume comparsion method. But it does not make sense.

Please help How should I do

I really appreciate your help

John

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.