Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QTO - Is it possible to use parameter values from pipe network in formulas?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ruipfbarreiros
434 Views, 5 Replies

QTO - Is it possible to use parameter values from pipe network in formulas?

Hi,

I'd like to create a pay item for the trench of pipes. I understand that I can use the "part depth" to get the mean depth of the pipe, but I need to add to the equation the pipe diameter so that I can calculate the volume of earth. Is this possible?

Thanks

---------------------------------------

Using Building Design Suite 2019
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

In the pay item formula dialog box, the "Part Depth" property should account for the outer diameter as part of its expression. This is calculated as (max cover + min cover)/2 + the part OD.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your answer!

I do realize that the part depth parameter accounts for the pipe size, but what I wanted to do was to create a trench pay item that would calculate the earthwork for those pipes. The formula would have to be: Part Depth * (OD + 0.2) * Item Length.

My problem with the above formula is that I can't have the OD parameter to be able to build that formula...

Guess it just isn't possible, right?

Message 4 of 6

That is correct that there is not a dynamic OD property that you can add to that expression when using the pay item formula editor.

If you have multiple pay items for a certain pipe sizes, could you manually add that numerical value to the expression for those individual pay items?

Example:

Pay time = 12" conc pipe with OD of 16" 

Formula = Part Depth * (16 + 0.2) * Item Length.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 5 of 6

oooh...hadn't thought of that! thanks! yes, that's a perfecly reasonable workaround

kudos!

Message 6 of 6

No problem at all, glad I could help.

Have a great one!

Jason Ferrelli

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report