Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purge Styles

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
rkmcswain
765 Views, 10 Replies

Purge Styles

Does anyone else have problems with the Purge Styles dialog box? It seems to be a display issue only with this one particular dialog box. When I pick a line to unselect it, all of the lines in the box vanish, until I move/resize the dialog or scroll with the scrollbar.

Even without the dialog display issues, someone forgot to include "Select All" and "Unselect All" buttons. Are we supposed to manually uncheck 200 boxes just to purge 2 or 3 styles? #Fail.

purgestylesfail.gif

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Jay_B
in reply to: rkmcswain

The icon in caption indicates your using 2013?

Yes with 2013 I get the same white out dialog box as yours. 2013 SP1 here.

Using 2014 SP1 it seems to work as expected.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 11
rkmcswain
in reply to: Jay_B

Sorry, I failed to mention my version. Yes, I'm using 2013 SP2. I will check out 2014 to verify your findings now. Thanks.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 11
Jeff_M

@rkmcswain wrote:

Does anyone else have problems with the Purge Styles dialog box? It seems to be a display issue only with this one particular dialog box. When I pick a line to unselect it, all of the lines in the box vanish, until I move/resize the dialog or scroll with the scrollbar.

Even without the dialog display issues, someone forgot to include "Select All" and "Unselect All" buttons. Are we supposed to manually uncheck 200 boxes just to purge 2 or 3 styles? #Fail.

I use the Purge Civil Styles found in the Sincpac-C3D which exhibits none of these issues. Smiley Wink

PurgeCivilStyles.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 11
hogander

I am currently working with setting up my companys template for 2015. The big problem occured when trying to get rid of some redundant grading criterias (a problem of its own, they say they´re in use, when obviously they´re not). The only solution seems to be to move them to another criteria set, and the purge them. That´s when I realise that even in 2015, Autodesk still haven´t bothered to add some "Select all" or "Deselect all", or even present the styles in a tree structure similar to that of the "Import styles" function. Because I´m working on a company template I don´t want to purge 900+ styles from it, just the 2 or 3 faulty ones.

/Thomas

Message 6 of 11
Jay_B
in reply to: hogander

@hogander wrote:

I am currently working with setting up my companys template for 2015. The big problem occured when trying to get rid of some redundant grading criterias (a problem of its own, they say they´re in use, when obviously they´re not). The only solution seems to be to move them to another criteria set, and the purge them. That´s when I realise that even in 2015, Autodesk still haven´t bothered to add some "Select all" or "Deselect all", or even present the styles in a tree structure similar to that of the "Import styles" function. Because I´m working on a company template I don´t want to purge 900+ styles from it, just the 2 or 3 faulty ones.

/Thomas

A new thread should be started for this topic.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 11
troma

Does anyone else get this while running the purge styles command?

Style Purge Confirmation.png

Happens every time on my machine. I have to click once inside the box to actually see what is there. Then if I click again to deselect one of the styles, it will alternate back and forth between the 'blank' look and the actual information.

It's always been like this. I just never thought to ask before if this is a common thing.

Thanks.

Civil 3D 2013, SP2, 64 bit

Win 7 Pro, 64 bit; Intel Core i7 @ 3.50GHz; 16GB RAM

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 8 of 11
AllenJessup
in reply to: troma

Have you updated you video driver lately. That might affect the display.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
troma
in reply to: AllenJessup

Hi Allen. Thanks for the suggestion.
After I posted this (on a new thread) I found this old thread which seemed to actually answer my question. So I asked for my post to be moved here. If you scroll up to the top of this thread you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.
Seems to just be a typical thing in 2013.

Mark Green

Message 10 of 11
AllenJessup
in reply to: troma

I've never seen that in the Purge Style box. Probably because I usually us the purge style in Sincpac.

I have seen similar behavior in other dialog boxes. Usually the Layer Manager or point lists. I just solved a problem with rollover tooltips not showing by updating the driver. So that's one of the solutions I go to first for any display issue. Is there any solution for you or do you just have to deal with it?

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
troma
in reply to: AllenJessup

I'm not really sure about drivers. Not something I'm comfortable playing with to be honest. If there was a solution I'd think it would have been noted above.

Here's my idea for a better purge style dialog:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-ideas/purge-styles-like-normal-purge/idi-p/6534937

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report