Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulling Blocks from Tool Palette

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
543 Views, 3 Replies

Pulling Blocks from Tool Palette

I have a tool palette of road signs - Civil Multiview Blocks.  I'm creating a detail sheet showing some of the signage that will be used in a project.  I want to show the picture as it is shown on the tool palette.   I dragged the stop sign over into the drawing and I'm getting the symbol for the sign; not the sign itself for example a STOP sign.  Same thing with the landscaping...I'm getting the symbol for the tree but not the artsy looking tree.  How do I get that into my drawing?  I've done it before but don't know if I was in Civil 3D.  I have other computers that have just Map and don't remember if I was in Map when I pulled them over.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I do not use multiview blocks, but I wonder if it has to do with the state of the block in the drawing where they are stored.

In other words, if it is displayed as the symbol in the original drawing that may be the way it gets inserted off the tool pallette.  Try switching the block to the view you want to insert and saving the original drawing.

You would not want to update tje tool pallette image.

Hope that helps,

Conan Witzel

Message 3 of 4
awood
in reply to: Anonymous

If you right-click the tool in the tool palette there's an option to Specify Image. This will direct you to the folder where the tool palette images are stored. With a little searching you should be able to find the image you want and then just insert that on your detail sheet.

HTH

AWood

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: awood

I think the questioner has the pallette built using the symbols they want, but the block is inserting as the symbol rather that the multview state.

As I mentioned, I don't use multiview blocks, but if they are similar to dynamic blocks, the state they are stored in the original drawing is how they will insert from the pallette.

The solution may be as simply as changing the state in holder drawing.

I keep meaning to look at multiview blocks, I just never have the time.

Thanks,

Conan Witzel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report