Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

publishing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
aaron.apodaca
130 Views, 5 Replies

publishing

does anyone know why when saving a 2012 civil 3d drawing 22x34 to civil 3d 2014 drawing, and dumming the dwg down to 11x17 why the page set up for batch plot for 2014 11x17 is ignoring 2014's setup of 11x17? 

what is happening is i grabbed a dwg from a file that was previously done in 2012 civil 3d, did a save as for a plan set i did in 2014 (11x17) set everything to 11x17 page set up everything, but when i go to batch plot the dwg the graphics are alot smaller, like 1/4 the size of  the 11x17 sheet???? 

thanks 

aaron 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: aaron.apodaca

"dumming the dwg down to 11x17 " <<< I don't understand this?

It sounds like the Page Setup being used is not the same one previously used.

I've moved Page Setups across versions w/out any issues whatsoever.

How are you "batch plotting"?

Publish, or Sheet Set Manager? Are you using a Page Setup Override file to control print output?

More details are needed.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
aaron.apodaca
in reply to: Jay_B

I am batch plotting by going to output, picking batch plot using the template that we created for 11x17. That is it, I have done it this way for years.

as I did a save as of the 2012 version 22x34 and put everything to 11x17 for some reason when I batch plotted that mistake I wrote about happened. I really don’t like doing a save as of any drawing after noticing this mishap. I first noticed this in a project right before this project and thought well since this happened as I described, I will save that dwg that was converted to 2014 to another project and see if I can publish that sheet through batch plot but, to no avail same thing happened.

I am able to print straight through plot though. That kind of defeats the purposes of sheet set manager and being able to batch plot the whole set.

Until I find out what to do accordingly I will not do a save as of any type of dwg.

Thanks

Aaron

Message 4 of 6

The save as was from a 2012 civil 3d version a plan dwg that was 22x34. I took the 22x34 and save as an 11x17 2014 civil 3d version just made the graphics to fit an 11x17 dwg.

Simple right, went to batch plot that dwg that now lives in 2014 to an 11x17 and the batch plot does not recognize the 11x17 2014 set up.

Thanks

Aaron

Message 5 of 6
Jay_B

Post a drawing here which includes the Page Setup and a rectangle representing the plot limits of the border.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 6
Joe-Bouza

I don't mean to sound glib, but why are you saving down to make a plot? you can have a page setup for full size and 11x17 by using a scale factor in the setup
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report