Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing dref'd pipe network in section view sheets

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
petrocat
552 Views, 4 Replies

Publishing dref'd pipe network in section view sheets

I knew this was a problem with 2009. It looks like it still is in 2010, unless I'm doing it wrong.
I have data referenced a pipe network into my sections drawing. If I have my section plan sheets in layouts of that same drawing, and try to publish from sheet set manager, the pipes won't show up in the output (hard copy, pdf, etc). It doesn't appear to sync upon opening for the publish command.
I guess I can have my section plan sheets i a separate file (not a problem, I usually do), or promote the pipe network into the sections dwg (not something i prefer).
Is there some toggle that I haven't flipped, or is this "just the way it is, baby".
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: petrocat

petrocat wrote:
> I knew this was a problem with 2009. It looks like it still is in
> 2010, unless I'm doing it wrong. I have data referenced a pipe
> network into my sections drawing. If I have my section plan sheets in
> layouts of that same drawing, and try to publish from sheet set
> manager, the pipes won't show up in the output (hard copy, pdf, etc).

Could you post some more details on this? You're saying that the pipe
network is data-referenced into the drawing that has your view
frames/sheets, and then you create sheets in that same drawing, correct?

So the pipe network shows in the drawing in model and in the sheet
layout view, but not when you plot it?

Are you not seeing the pipe network in a plan view, or are talking about
the pipe network parts in a profile view?

Does publishing fail only when you try it from SSM, or does it fail even
when you plot/publish from Civil 3D?

This sounds like a bug and I will file a defect on it once we can get
details and reproduce it.

Thanks,

--
Himanshu Gohel. Civil 3D Team, Autodesk, Inc.
Autodesk Civil 3D Product Information: http://www.autodesk.com/civil3d
Civil Engineering Community Portal: http://civilcommunity.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 5
petrocat

Himanshu,

I'll try to answer your questions.

Could you post some more details on this? You're saying that the pipe
network is data-referenced into the drawing that has your view
frames/sheets, and then you create sheets in that same drawing, correct? Correct, for example I have a Design.dwg where I built the pipe network, and I make a datashortcut and reference the network into a Sections.dwg where I then make section view, and set up the paperspace with the plan sheets.

So the pipe network shows in the drawing in model and in the sheet
layout view, but not when you plot it? If I plot from that Sections.dwg by plot/publish of the sheets/layouts, it will show up. But, it doesn't plot when the drawing was closed, and I publish those sheets/layouts from Sheet Set Manager. As the Publish is going on, I can see the drawing open up momentarily and it doesnt appear to be syncronizing the data ref of the pipe network. When I look at the finished product (paper, pdf, dwf) the pipe does not show up in the section views. I can then go into the Sections.dwg, where I have referenced the network into, and I will have to manually syncronize the pipe network to make it appear in the sections.

Are you not seeing the pipe network in a plan view, or are talking about
the pipe network parts in a profile view?
Uhmm, just the Section View. I haven't tried to print a plan and profile sheet with the network data referenced.

Does publishing fail only when you try it from SSM, or does it fail even
when you plot/publish from Civil 3D?
Publish fail..?? I wouldn't say fail, I would say the datareference isn't sync'd, and it has been just from the SSM Publish from my experience.

Thanks.
Message 4 of 5
tshulbert

We are having the same problem with Publish. We plot the sheet and the d'refed information is visible in the plots, however if we publish the d'refed pipes are not displayed in the profile. The plan view pipes are static not d'refs. Please help!!! Edited by: sean@hhpr.com on Oct 6, 2009 1:32 PM
Sean Hulbert
Message 5 of 5
Kayte

Hello, I'm having the same problem with publish in C3d 2011. I've got a data-referenced existing surface that doesn't show up in profiles and sections when the sheet layouts are published to a pdf. I can print each sheet separately - dwg to pdf  - and all looks fine. I hope the source of this problem has been found. Publishing the entire sheet set in one pdf is a great tool. I hate to do each one separatley and then compile...what a pain! I tried the suggestion to toggle 'publish in the background' and it made no difference. Hope someone out there can help. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report