Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing an image results in ugly visual artifacts in the image

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jeffreygoodin
1016 Views, 5 Replies

Publishing an image results in ugly visual artifacts in the image

Hi Everyone,

I have installed Infrastructure Design Suite 2014 on one of my users' workstation and one of the several problems she is having I can't find info on anywhere:  When she uses the DWG to PDF driver she is getting strange artifacts that, at first glance, look like little blocks randomly placed around her drawings.  These are always over/ in  viewports.  They do NOT show up in plot preview.  I tried plot and publish.  Both give same results.  When zoomed in you can see they are tiny little viewport control dialog boxes that seem to have been placed on the plot at random.  See screenshots attached.  If anyone has the same problem I would love to hear it (and see an example!!  I don't expect much of a solution here considering what else I've seen in response to 2014 problems but any help would be appreciated.  Thansk!

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: jeffreygoodin

The NAVBAR is being printed. This has been discussed a few times, no known resolution other than turning it off before printing.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 6
Nik-D

Try downloading a free pdf driver such as bullzip or similar and use the driver from that to print rather than the DWG to PDF

Message 4 of 6

I can see that it is the navbar, but that is turned off before plotting aleady.  If you look at the attached jpeg called zoomout you will see how tiny the little rectangles are.  Only after zoomin in to a tiny area of the image can you tell it is the navbar and even then it's vague wihtout hilighting it and incresing the contrast.  

Other PDF drivers are having the same issue.  Tried PrimoPDF and PDFCreator.  No luck.  It's definitely in 2014.

Thanks though.

Message 5 of 6
dgorsman

I've seen this in 2011, and hardcopy as well as PDF.  Its an artifact of the printing process rather than any specific driver.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 6

I am getting the same results since Installing IDSP 2014. Only I am using IDSP 2013 to print. Turning the NAVBAR worked. Thank You.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report