Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity Breakline Not Working

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
agines19
509 Views, 1 Reply

Proximity Breakline Not Working

Trying to stop triangulation, so I created a featureline from the surface I am trying to prevent triangulation on.  Then added it to that same surface as a prox breakline with no effect.  Not even a little.  Not sure if I have a weird setting or I'm doing something wrong.

I've posted about this before and the solution seemed to work at the time, however now that I am tryin it again, it doesn't seem to work.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jay_B
in reply to: agines19

@agines19 wrote:

I created a featureline from the surface I am trying to prevent triangulation on.  Then added it to that same surface as a prox breakline with no effect.  Not even a little.

In the attached file there are Feature Lines which define Surface T1.

There are also several zero elevation Polylines which I'm assuming you wish to add as Proximity Breaklines?

These zero elevation Polylines are crossing other breaklines, did you notice the warnings in Event Viewer?

crossing breaklines.PNG

When a new Polyline is drawn at zero elevation, which doesn't cross any other Breaklines, adding it as a Proximity Breakline seems to work as expected.

Note the Red Polyline which is snapped to endpoints of 2 Feature line Points, preventing triangulation between these points.

red line.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report