Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxies in C3D 2006

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dwmass
224 Views, 4 Replies

Proxies in C3D 2006

I just installed Civil 3D 2006. I decided not to install the LD6 companion, because our salesman said it was going to be phased out soon, and C3D could do everything LD6 could do anyway. Well, I opened a topo that was created with LD3, and I get the old proxy objects dialogue box. It seems that C3D doesn't handle the points from LD very well. Does anyone know a work around? Or do I have to install LD6 as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nzeeben
in reply to: dwmass

Well my first suggestion is to install LDT 2006 companion. Civil 3D is definatley the way of the future, but LDT isn't going to disappear overnite. As far as the proxy graphics go C3D isn't a new version of LDT it is a different product. Hence the proxy graphics dialog. You can import your data from a land project under the general menu, import data from ladn desktop command. However you will need to get a handle on styles to make it look the way you want. Welcome to the brave new world. Start by checking out the getting started guide and tutorials in the product. Consider taking a course from your local reseller, although advice that is does everything ldt does isn't quite accurate. So good luck and godspeed to you.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Once you get familar with Civil 3D, you will also find there a utility to
convert the LDT Point Object into the Autodesk Civil 3D Point. This is
useful if you want to convert drawing based objects from LDT into Civil 3D.
The utility can be downloaded from here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=5664752&linkID=3549304

Dan

wrote in message news:5009070@discussion.autodesk.com...
Well my first suggestion is to install LDT 2006 companion. Civil 3D is
definatley the way of the future, but LDT isn't going to disappear overnite.
As far as the proxy graphics go C3D isn't a new version of LDT it is a
different product. Hence the proxy graphics dialog. You can import your
data from a land project under the general menu, import data from ladn
desktop command. However you will need to get a handle on styles to make it
look the way you want. Welcome to the brave new world. Start by checking
out the getting started guide and tutorials in the product. Consider taking
a course from your local reseller, although advice that is does everything
ldt does isn't quite accurate. So good luck and godspeed to you.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Dan:
It's good to see you are back "amongst" us.

Bill
Message 5 of 5
JoshNelson

My advice is to find a new reseller if they really told you that. I would stay away from any training they provide if they really think Civil 3D can do everything that Land Desktop can do. The civil engineering aspects of both products are completely different. I recommend you continue with Land Desktop, but start to get your feet wet with Civil 3D. The proxy objects dialogue box is only the beginng of your problems if you are hoping to jump right in.

If you want a place to start, I would start learning about the prospector first. You can do a lot from there. Make the prospector your friend!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report