AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
jpostlewait
Message 1 of 4 (49 Views)

Protected objects

49 Views, 3 Replies
11-15-2004 02:07 PM
This may end up being a rant but I am trying to start slowly.
I have been researching the transition from civil design and ldt to civil 3D,in preparation for my meeting with the sales rep.
I have been reading the help files to try and get a feel for training requirements etc. I learned that project objects could be protected and only unprotected by the user that set the protection. How does the project know who the user is?
I'm just trying to avoid the problem of what to do with protected data if the user who protected it is not available.
Also, any recommendations for trainers to bring in to conduct a week of training for a class of 20 to 24 users?

John Postlewait
IS Department
George Butler Associates, Inc.
*Don Reichle
Message 2 of 4 (49 Views)

Re: Protected objects

11-15-2004 02:54 PM in reply to: jpostlewait
Hey John; You might want to contact K-Tek Solutions for classes in C3D. http://www.k-teksolutions.com/contact.php -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "jpostlewait" wrote in message news:19420032.1100556503652.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > This may end up being a rant but I am trying to start slowly. > I have been researching the transition from civil design and ldt to civil > 3D,in preparation for my meeting with the sales rep. > I have been reading the help files to try and get a feel for training > requirements etc. I learned that project objects could be protected and > only unprotected by the user that set the protection. How does the project > know who the user is? > I'm just trying to avoid the problem of what to do with protected data if > the user who protected it is not available. > Also, any recommendations for trainers to bring in to conduct a week of > training for a class of 20 to 24 users? > > John Postlewait > IS Department > George Butler Associates, Inc.
Contributor
Karla Leighton
Message 3 of 4 (49 Views)

11-16-2004 07:39 AM in reply to: jpostlewait
John,
There is a separate Project Administration tool that you can install so that you or a CAD Manager can override protections and checked out files.
-Karla Leighton, Autodesk technical publications
Distinguished Contributor
jpostlewait
Message 4 of 4 (49 Views)

11-16-2004 07:53 AM in reply to: jpostlewait
Thank you both for the information.

John Postlewait
IS Department
George Butler Associates, Inc.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.