Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protected objects

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
125 Views, 3 Replies

Protected objects

This may end up being a rant but I am trying to start slowly.
I have been researching the transition from civil design and ldt to civil 3D,in preparation for my meeting with the sales rep.
I have been reading the help files to try and get a feel for training requirements etc. I learned that project objects could be protected and only unprotected by the user that set the protection. How does the project know who the user is?
I'm just trying to avoid the problem of what to do with protected data if the user who protected it is not available.
Also, any recommendations for trainers to bring in to conduct a week of training for a class of 20 to 24 users?

John Postlewait
IS Department
George Butler Associates, Inc.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey John; You might want to contact K-Tek Solutions for classes in C3D. http://www.k-teksolutions.com/contact.php -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "jpostlewait" wrote in message news:19420032.1100556503652.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > This may end up being a rant but I am trying to start slowly. > I have been researching the transition from civil design and ldt to civil > 3D,in preparation for my meeting with the sales rep. > I have been reading the help files to try and get a feel for training > requirements etc. I learned that project objects could be protected and > only unprotected by the user that set the protection. How does the project > know who the user is? > I'm just trying to avoid the problem of what to do with protected data if > the user who protected it is not available. > Also, any recommendations for trainers to bring in to conduct a week of > training for a class of 20 to 24 users? > > John Postlewait > IS Department > George Butler Associates, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

John,
There is a separate Project Administration tool that you can install so that you or a CAD Manager can override protections and checked out files.
-Karla Leighton, Autodesk technical publications
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thank you both for the information.

John Postlewait
IS Department
George Butler Associates, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report