Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prospector Northing/Easting precision

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tbronson
2856 Views, 4 Replies

Prospector Northing/Easting precision

C3D 2013.  When I look at _All Points in the prospector my coordinates (northing/easting) have a precision to four decimal places.  How do I change this to default to two??

Thanks in advance.

Todd

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
doni49
in reply to: tbronson

1. Toolspace>Settings
  2. Right click on your drawing
  3. Then click on "Edit ng Settings".
  4.  "Ambient Settings" tab

C3D Points Precision Setting2.png

C3D Points Precision Setting.png

EDIT:  When I tested this, the change didn't take effect until I saved, closed and reopened the file.  And I'm on C3D 2012

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 5
tbronson
in reply to: doni49

Awesome!!  That worked great.  Didn't realize there were ambient settings there also.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
doni49

@tbronson wrote:

Awesome!!  That worked great.  Didn't realize there were ambient settings there also.

Thanks.

Glad to help and I didn't know it either.  I just looked around for something that I thought might do it.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 5
JRumpel

I had the same problem, but changing it in the drawing settings didn't work for me, so here is the solution a classmate found:

*Also, the ambient settings didn't show that an override was happening, which was a little frusterating

There were only three points to edit, so I first did this individually (opt b) but the pictures show how to change it for that entire label style(which would have been smarter to do in the first place)

CIVIL NE TUTORIAL.PNG

CIVIL NE TUTORIAL3.PNG

For option B, it will bring you to the same style menu, but will only change the point selected.

While I was in this menu, I also changed the semi-colon to '='

I still don't know how to find where to change the point style for a specific label style, so I had to remove the point marker in Panorama.

If anyone else had this problem, I hope this helps 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report