Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prospector and Settings are "locked"/ not expandable in Toolspace

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Roman_Engineer
1362 Views, 10 Replies

Prospector and Settings are "locked"/ not expandable in Toolspace

Good afternoon All....

I dragged a surface style from another drawing into the drawing I am having issues with.  The Issue is that after inserting the style the Prospector and Settings are not expandable. The Prospector check box is grayed out and there are dots in front of the Settings tab.    

Basically I can't expand either the Prospector or the Setting to edit surfaces, alignments, styles, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated; I can't seem to find any info on the forums.

Thanks,

Mark

Civil 3D 2011

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
wfberry
in reply to: Roman_Engineer

I am not sure but here is something to try that will not harm anything.

Rt Click in the grey area of the edge of the screen.  Under LOCK LOCATION uncheck all checks.

Bill

Message 3 of 11
Roman_Engineer
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks for the repsonse..

I think it is because the styles were inserted using Civil3d version 2012 (by another guy in the office) and I am on 2011... apparently they are not backward compatable.  Now to find out how to "save back" Civil3d2012 to 2011.

Oh joy 🙂

Message 4 of 11
wfberry

For all practical purposes you cannot, at least not to the point you can continue working with 2011.

Bill

Message 5 of 11
Roman_Engineer

Is it not possible to have the newer version of Civil3D export to XML as a workaround?

Message 6 of 11
wfberry

I think you will find that going the XML route is quite limited.  You cannot go back and forth without losing quite a bit of info due to certain objects, lines making a round trip.

Bill

Message 7 of 11
Roman_Engineer

OK, so is there a way to get to the prospector once someone inserts a style in from 2012. Other than buy 2012 LOL

Message 8 of 11
wfberry

I would think that a "Repair of your installation" should do the trick.

Bill

If not sure, Google the above.

Message 9 of 11
Roman_Engineer

repairing did not work

Message 10 of 11
Jeff_M

You will need to go back to a backup created before the 2012 style was brought in. The act of opening the drawing in 2012, dragging the style, and saving, rendered that drawing useless in 2011.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 11 of 11

I actually wblocked out the drawing and then opened the new drawing without any Civil3D properties. 

Using Civil3D 2012 I exported the data that I wanted to XML.. and imprted the XML into the 2011 vesion

This seems to have worked fairly well, I have my surfaces, alignments and pipe profile data.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report