Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property list and name changes

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
rfg018
361 Views, 9 Replies

Property list and name changes

Some changed.

When I pick a feature line, the property dialog would show Feature line, and list the information.

Now for some reason, I get aecc_feature_line and the property dialog shows a different list of information.

How do I get back to the Feature line list.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rkmcswain
in reply to: rfg018

Until someone comes by with a solid "this is what it wrong, I guarantee it" type answer..... I would try running a repair to fix the registry entries associated with the Properties dialog.

Is 'feature lines' the only thing messed up?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 10
rfg018

no, it seem all Civil 3d enities.

If you pick a surface, their is no way to change the style.

Message 4 of 10
Neilw_05

Did you by chance load Map or Autocad rather than C3D? When you install the product you also get icons to run those products without loading C3D.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 5 of 10
rkmcswain
in reply to: Neilw_05

@Neilw wrote:

Did you by chance load Map or Autocad rather than C3D? When you install the product you also get icons to run those products without loading C3D.

Good call. Just tested it and that is exactly what happens when you're in object enabled "cad", but not "C3D"

Message 6 of 10
rfg018

no

I have tried different profiles.

Not sure when or why, but what occur was the computer lockup, had to turn off the computer, didn't have a network connection, lost menus.  I reloaded the menus.   I also turn off some services to speed up the computer.

I went to change the feature line style, and I did not see it in the property menu, which I have done many times.  I kept looking and saw stye was gray out, but swore the stye was at the top of the list. As I try to figure out why it was grayout, I then notice the different name.  went to another computer and it work as before, so I wasn;t losing my mind.

I exported the working profile and then imported it, still not working.

I just open C3D 2014, and I have the same problem. So something is very screwup.

Message 7 of 10
Neilw_05

Have you tried resetting your C3D profile to the default?

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 8 of 10
rkmcswain

@rfg018 wrote:

I just open C3D 2014, and I have the same problem. So something is very screwup.

This is sounding like the old Land Desktop problem where the profiles would get crossed up and nothing would work. I think what would happen is the ARX/DLL files needed to process the objects were not getting loaded.

Sounds similar here, I would try  

Message 9 of 10
troma

You're not going to find this very helpful, but I just thought I'd mention it. It used to happen to me sometimes. All I had to do was close the program and reopen and it would all be back to normal. Clearly your problem goes deeper than that.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 10 of 10
rfg018

okay;

I don't know what when wrong, but it working now.

I did a autocad repair, but it didn't help

so I did a window 7 restore, when back two week, and its working.

thanks for the comments

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report