Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties dialog box

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
brow931
520 Views, 13 Replies

Properties dialog box

I just installed 2015. The properties dialog box will not display. It was displaying or but no longer is. This happened before on an older version and I don't remember how I fixed it. I do not want to have to reinstall. Can someone assist?
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
doni49
in reply to: brow931

Try CMDDIA.  Set it to 1 if it's not already.  I don't remember off hand if the properties dialog is one of the dialogs controlled by this var but it's worth trying.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 14
wfberry

If you type PROPERTIES in the command line, what happens?

Bill

Message 4 of 14
doni49
in reply to: wfberry

@wfberry wrote:

If you type PROPERTIES in the command line, what happens?

Bill

Sometimes it's the simplest things.  🙂

I guess I assumed OP had already tried that and it wasn't opening.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 14
brow931

Nothing happens.

Scott Brown, PE
4D Site Solutions, Inc

Sent from my Verizon smartphone
Message 6 of 14
brow931
in reply to: doni49

Correct. Nothing happens at the command line.

Scott Brown, PE
4D Site Solutions, Inc

Message 7 of 14
doni49

Check to see if it's docked & minimized.

Don Ireland

Message 8 of 14
brow931

No. I have checked all of that.

Scott Brown, PE
4D Site Solutions, Inc

Message 9 of 14
doni49

Minimize everything except acad, take a screenshot of your entire desktop and post that.

Actually: do one before you type properties and another after.

Don Ireland

Message 10 of 14
brow931

Already set to 1

Scott Brown, PE
4D Site Solutions, Inc

Message 11 of 14
wfberry

You didn't perhaps have a second monitor at one time and now it is gone.  In the past this was a problem because the box was on a "phantom" monitor.

Bill

Message 12 of 14
brow931

I have 3 monitors and they are still there.

Scott Brown, PE
4D Site Solutions, Inc

Message 13 of 14
doni49

@doni49 wrote:
Minimize everything except acad, take a screenshot of your entire desktop and post that.

Actually: do one before you type properties and another after.

I'd still like to see the screenshots.  I don't know how many times I've had a co-worker tell me that they couldn't get a dialog box or toolbar to show up only to find out that I was able to see a little something that indicated what the issue was.

Don Ireland

Message 14 of 14
CADvisers

Temporarily change you monitor configuration to have the one on the right the "left side" and vise versa for the left.  The properties dialog should appear in one of them.  Drag it to the main monitor and change your monitor config back to the way you want it.

Jonathan Stewart
CADvisers
P.O. Box 7811
Lancaster, PA 17604
Ph. 717-468-3111

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report