Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projecting Linework on design plan to corridor/surface

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
larrypisap
187 Views, 2 Replies

Projecting Linework on design plan to corridor/surface

Hello Everyone, I am brand new to Civil 3D.  My company had always used LDD until we were mandated to switch, our first project in Civil 3D is in the works.  So far we have gotten through the beginning stages (alignments, profile, corridor, assemblies) but we are having a major issue with where to go from there. Right now I am trying to complete the design line work on the plan (wheelchair ramps, driveways transitions and signage) As of now I cannot get anything to line up easily with the corridor.  I have been able to snap to the corridor so I can create a line at that exact spot to be correct, but then when I offset it will not change the elevation,  I tried doing feature line and projecting the feature lines to the surface and some of it works but it becomes very buggy. My transition lines don't transition and some other lines I would expect to be at the same elevation have major grade changes.  What I am really trying to ask is if someone can give me a step by step guide of how to create the luinework at the correct elevation and with correct transisions along your corridor and surface?

I have so many other questions too and my company refuses to get us training so I'm just spinning tires.  If someone could help I would GREATLY appreciate it.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: larrypisap

Unfortunately to jump into a project using Civil 3D with no training is not very realistic for most folks.

Civil 3D has a pretty steep learning curve and I would highly recommend convincing your boss that it's vital to both quality and profitability.

Not sure if someone has already setup all of your templates etc.?

This is another key component to a successful Civil 3D implementation.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 3
larrypisap
in reply to: Jay_B

Yea, all of our templates are set up by the department of transportation for our state. Alot of the work has already been done, and we have spent some time getting up to speed. Its the in depth design thats now the problem.  Can you answer how to get the design linework to be at the correct elevation throughout?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report