Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projecting Civil 3d COGO Points to Profile - Style

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nloder
2499 Views, 5 Replies

Projecting Civil 3d COGO Points to Profile - Style

I have projected Civil 3D COGO Points projected to a profile.  I simply want to display the Civil 3D Point Number for each point in the profile. 

In the Profile Projection Label Style, the only field in the text editor that displays this point number is the "Source Object Name.  This shows up as "CogoPoint 124" for point 124 (see attached).  How do I make this simply say the point number ONLY, i.e. "124"?

It would be nice to program the label style to display this field, yet delete the first 10 characters of "CogoPoint x", so it only says the point number, "x"

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
owenmull
in reply to: nloder

Edit the contents of the profile label style, located under the Layout Tab within the Style Editor.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

The only way I'm seeing to do this is to place the point number in the point description and use the description property in the label.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 6
nloder
in reply to: Jeff_M

That is what I am beginning to think.  It is odd that the profile projection label style doesn't let you tailor the field, or at least provide the point number when it allows you to provide the point description.  Thanks for the responses.

Message 5 of 6
MattKich

Solution is copy the point number data from the point label style editor <[Point Number(GC|UN)]> and in the projection style editor under one of the label options paste it and apply.Capture.JPG

Message 6 of 6
kurt.krierG3N6A
in reply to: MattKich

Please mark this as the solution. Worked perfectly, thank you! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report