Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projected objects station in profile view

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DomagojX
957 Views, 3 Replies

Projected objects station in profile view

I have set one station equation in my alignment and it displays correctly in horizontal view and in profile. But stations of projected objects after that equation are not correct in projected object label. It displays station values as it would be without station equation. If i manually insert profile view label for that point it is correct.

As you can see in attached image green station value (that one is label for projected points) is wrong because it does not take equation into calculation. How to make projected objects labels to consider station equation?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DomagojX
in reply to: DomagojX

Really no solution for this?
Message 3 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

sorry, no solution, just a confirmation.

With Civil3D 2012 SP1 German I can reproduce this (what version do you have?)

And for anyone (Autodesk ;=) ) I attached a sample where the sitution could be reproduced (at station 0+112.5 ==> 1+112.5).

@OP

To get more feedback it's always better to give more information with the message, or with other words: as much as possible ... the more information you give the higher the motivation will be to check that for you.

Just to think of: if you attach a sample the time that helpers need to get your problem reproduced will be as low as possible ==> that is - especially for drawings with such many style-settings like Civil3D has - a big advantage.

Out of the sight of supporters: Sometimes they get a problem described (with words), they first have to reproduce the objects you described, then set the styles to what you described (or maybe not described?) and then the problem may occur or not. If that uses more than a view minutes ...... think about that ;=)

Attaching a sample where you can reproduce your situation would be the best help for supporters. This does not have to be the whole geometry, just a small sample-project like I have for minimum testing (I always use that sample for style-settings-trials to not do the trials in the big projects).

Have a nice weekend, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 4
jbear0000

I know it has been a long time since you have posted this, but in case you are still having problems with it I figured I would reply. I have the same problem, both in C3D 2012 and C3D 2013. I contacted Autodesk and they told me that there was no other way to create projection labels at this time and would pass my comments on to the development team.

So I figured out a way to deal with the problem. I created several expressions that allow me to have up to 5 equality stations. The only downside is that these expressions will effect all profile views in your drawing, even if they are created from separate alignments. So the best way to make this work is to have your profile views all in different drawings. See the attached dwg file and take a look at the expressions for the projection labels. You have to modify the expressions in each drawing per the station equations in that drawing. I know this isn't a perfect solution, but is better than using profile view labels.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report