Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Management Suggestions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
GonePhishing
220 Views, 3 Replies

Project Management Suggestions

Good Afternoon All -

I've run into an issue and I'm sure I'm not the first to encounter this.  I'm trying to manage a 'base map' of various piping networks for a large Pharma company here in NJ.  Prior to the pharmaceutical facility, it was a petrolium facility w/ its vast network of pipes.  My company has FINALLY conglomerated all past data into one model (set of dwgs) and annotatively linked datasets accordingly.

My problem is that once I've activated this 'base map' for others in the 2 companies to utilize, the base map is becoming fractured yet again b/c of various projects taking place throughout the site.  How have you been able to manage / integrate data so the current model doesn't get outdated yet again?

Thanks in advance.

-Ron

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: GonePhishing

Ron
dont take offense. but I don't see a question in your post. try to get a little more specific. What is "fractured" do you mean people cut out the peces they need? you can setup up data short cuts and xrefs to show only the portions needed. maybe thats whay you are looking for?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
g_k50

I would keep what's built and operating as current.  Only when what's being built is finished would the current "drawing" be updated.

That might be hard to do when through out the plant things are being maintained at the same time they are being upgraded sometimes without plans.

Good Luck.

Message 4 of 4
GonePhishing

Joe -

No offense taken.

What I'm asking is this:  I finalized organizing years of data from various projects related to the 'overall' site.  Now that the model is available for use, what system of 'checks and balances' could I utilize to keep the model current?  There are new design additions currently being implemented, GPR data being generated & survey control constantly being introduced.  How do I manage all of this data so none of it gets lost in translation?

My goal?  I don't want to lose valuable data b/c one of the Techs failed to inform me that data was generated.  Have any of you successfully kept a model current despite a variety of on-going projects? 

Thanks guys

-Ron

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report