Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project folder with xrefs

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sjg
Advisor
342 Views, 4 Replies

Project folder with xrefs

I am tired of repeating the same steps over and over for every project and I am trying to setup our Project Folder template to include all the model files typically needed for a project and xref those model files into our sheet files. This way the files are already created and all I have to do is populate the files with the drawing data. In our model files folder the filenames are just generic, xxxxxxC-SP, xxxxxxC-GP, etc. as a placeholder So when we get a project the model file names will change to show that project number. Is there any way other than going through the xref manager in civil to change the found at path for each xref in each sheet. I've come across some lisp routines but none seem to work any suggestions would be appreciated.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DMFACER
in reply to: sjg

The Reference Manager will repath Xrefs across multiple files and/or folders.  It's optionally installed with Civil 3D, and can be found in the Start/Autodesk/Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D XXXX folder.

"The most dangerous phrase in the language is 'We've always done it this way.'" - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper
Message 3 of 5
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: DMFACER

I believe that is strictly just for changing the reference file location, in my case the file name has changed. I didn't see anywhere in the xref manager where you could change the reference drawing to a look at the new name. But I could have missed it.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 4 of 5
DMFACER
in reply to: sjg

What we've done to deal with the name issue is change the Reference Name of each of the Xrefs in our template to something generic (EX = existing, PR = Proposed).  We can then repath those Xrefs to any existing or proposed file, regardless of file name, and it will hold any default properties we have set (layer overrides, basepoint, scale, etc.).

"The most dangerous phrase in the language is 'We've always done it this way.'" - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper
Message 5 of 5
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: DMFACER

Do you repath the files through Civil 3d xref manager?
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report