Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Back up

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JCyganiak
400 Views, 4 Replies

Project Back up

I'm trying to revise our file structure but running into a road block. Lets start by saying i have a (Autocad) folder, and within that folder i have other folders. I have a (CURRENT PLANS) folder which is always worked in, how can I copy it once it is submitted, paste into the (Autocad) folder, rename it Rev00, and have the Rev00 plan sheets not reference the base file in the CURRENT PLANS folder?

I am trying to keep backups of plan sheets but trying to avoid re-pathing the base file. I'm out of ideas.

Joe Cyganiak
Civil Engineering Senior Designer
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
troma
in reply to: JCyganiak

I believe there is a setting for x-refs to have an 'absolute' path or a 'relative' path.  I've never looked too deeply into this, but I think if you have a relative path it remembers the path relative to the current drawing.  So the instruction is along the lines of 'Find the drawing called xyz.dwg that is in the same folder as this drawing'  rather than 'Find drawing xyz.dwg that is in this specified folder'.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 5
JCyganiak

The Devil is in the details! You're a genius! Thank You!

Joe Cyganiak
Civil Engineering Senior Designer
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017
Message 4 of 5
LyleHardin

Another option is to use eTransmit. You can set the eTransmit settings to place all files in one folder or even bind xrefs. We use eTransmit to archive our projects. Sheet Set manager makes selecting the files even easier.

Message 5 of 5

Another option would be to use the PROJECTNAME variable, assign a direct path to the new XREF folder.    This has the advantage that you can easily write a script to apply to many drawings.

I rarely have time to post. If what I post helps please use Accept as Solution / Like when appropriate.

Check out my Civil 3d blog at: http://c3dk.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report