Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profiles switch dynamic to static?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
annw2
4787 Views, 7 Replies

profiles switch dynamic to static?

Hello:

Just updated my alignment by erasing several hundred feet from the beginning.  Looked at a plot and the profile didn't update.  Checked status of profile and it said static and surface imported from LDD had disappeared.

Profile had been dynamic last month.

Is it a feature that if a surface is accidently erased, the associated profiles switch to static?

Anybody have any clues?

Ann Wingert, P.E.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
josephbouza5497
in reply to: annw2

I just tried deleting a surface and the profile reverted to static. I guess thats better than deleting the profile with the surface.

Message 3 of 8
hgohel

Yes, that is correct.  If the surface that a profile is dependent on is not available any more, the profile changes to static mode.  As Joe observed, the other alternative would have been to delete the profile when the surface is deleted.

If the surface is available in the drawing again you may be able to change the profile back to dynamic mode.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 8
annw2

I tried toggling the profiile back to dynamic when I brought the surface back in.  It wouldn't give me the option.  Wish list for 2013?

Next wish list item - Big warning - :Deleting the surface will convert profile to static" if a surface is to be erased from a file.

I must have deleted the surface by accident.

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 5 of 8
josephbouza5497

would you prefer that the profile be deleted? If it will not go back to dynamic - resample it

Message 6 of 8
annw2

I did.  I fixed the problem.

I prefer the profile to go to static rather than be deleted.  I just prefer a warning before deleting a surface with a profile attached.

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 7 of 8
klugb

A good check is to rt-click on it in prospector and see if "delete" is an option. If not, it's still being referenced. The fun part is finding what is using it.
Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 8 of 8
annw2

Could which profiles, etc. that are using the surface be added to the properties information?

I think that would be a very helpful additiona in 2013

Ann Wingert, P.E.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report