Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile view scale

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sacprasanna
15898 Views, 5 Replies

Profile view scale

How to change profile view horizontal and vertical scale?(And also section view)

Because I want to add profile view into A4 sheet.I want help!

Chamara Prasanna
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 SP 1
Sri Lanka
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

>> How to change profile view horizontal and vertical scale?

In other words "one global scale" and the exaggeration, that is how Civil3D thinks:

The global scale is definied by the viewport that should you profile view (or section view) show.

The exaggeration is definied within the style that you assigned to your profile view. On the second tab you can set the vertical-scale.

Select your profile view ==> right-click for the contextmenu ==> edit profile view style ==> within this new dialog go to the second tab and there you find on the right side the exaggeration value to modify.

Be carefull: if you change this value all profile views that have this style assigned will be regenerated!

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
sacprasanna
in reply to: sacprasanna

Thanks alfred ,

but accutly i want all scales should show in model spase not using viewport.How do this?

Chamara Prasanna
Sri Lanka
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

>> i want all scales should show in model spase

For that you can set the scale also in modelspace by setting the annoscale. If you change the annoscale all scale depending sizes are shown in the same sizes as you would get when setting a viewport to that scale before plot.

However you can set the annoscale to whatever you want, when plotting a layout with a viewport the annoscale of the modelspace has no effect for that!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 6

hi, 

Thanks for your interrest alfred,may be my english is telling something wrong,never mind

But this is my problems,

1) How create profile view which scaled horizontally and vertically in model spase?not 1 to 1

Thanks you

Chamara Prasanna
Sri Lanka
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

ok, got it, sorry. ... 😉

Sorry no chance to get it scaled/make it scaleable within modelspace. The stationing of the Profile View is alway 1:1 and there is no option to show it in modelspace shorter than the length between start- and end-station.

Whatever the reason is (could not imagine one) a chance could be in another drawing. You can XRef or insert your drawing with the Profile View into a new drawing, and here you can provide insertion scale factors. But then it's a block or Xref, nothing you can work with.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report