Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile View Properties - Multiple fill areas

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
brynnchoquette
307 Views, 3 Replies

Profile View Properties - Multiple fill areas

I am creating profile views with multiple profiles.  I have created 7 already with identical settings and styles.  For some reason while creating the 8th profile view, it is behaving differently.  I am adding hatch fill between profiles and when I add the overlapping hatch (Fill 14), it disappears in certain sections.  The first image shows what it is supposed to look like and the second image is the result of the 8th profile view.  Does anyone know why this would be happening?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
doni49
in reply to: brynnchoquette

Give us something to go by. What do the BLUE, ORANGE & MAGENTA profiles represent?  I'm guessing that the Red is OG, Blue is Pond Surface & Orange is Pond Subgrade.

Beyond that, you said that fill 14 is the one in quesiton which I'm guessing should go from Blue to Orange.  What about the one from Blue to Red?  That area is hatched in the first image but not the second.

Can you post a dwg file for someone to look at?  And what version are you using?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 4
brynnchoquette
in reply to: doni49

Correct.  Magenta is rock berm and rock berm subgrade.  Fill Material [Berm] is the blue hatch, Fill Material is the orange hatch and rock fill is the brown hatch.  Civil will either let me have Fill 11 or fill 14 but not both at the same time.  The problem that I am having is that that area is not hatched in the second image.  I have since put in more work and have created 12 of these profile views and the second image is the only one that appears to have some conflict.  I am using Civil 2014.  Due to confidentiality i can't post the drawing.  The workaround that I am using is just manually hatching the areas in question.

Message 4 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: brynnchoquette

....having a profile cut under itself might lead to issues

undrcut.PNG

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report