Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile View: Displaying two elevations per chainage

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
MazDyason
1567 Views, 3 Replies

Profile View: Displaying two elevations per chainage

Hi there,

I've drawn a profile and would like to show the elevations of each surface selected in different bands. I've set up the bands easily enough though when they display on the section I've got two levels either side of the chainage line one with 0.01 precision and one with 0.001 precision - I only want to display one. I've tried fiddling with the Profile View Properties but don't seem to be getting very far.. Any ideas??? See attachment...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: MazDyason

If I'm understanding what your trying to do you should be able to turn the extra elevations off here.

Profile View Properties>Bands Tab>Show Labels Column>checkbox

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
Ed.McGriskin
in reply to: MazDyason

The place you need to make the edits are in the Band and Band Style. For the profile data,  it looks like your band style has two components at the major station. Simply go into the Label Composer for the major station and turn the one component visibility to false that you don't want to see (Band Major Label.png). This may mean you need a separate style for your second band.

Alternatively you could use a Y offset on one component of the label to move the label down to where you want it.  Just make sure your Profile 1 is set to one of your profiles and Profile 2 is set to the other (Band Setup.png). 

Hope this helps. 

Ed McGriskin, P.Eng.
Project Engineer @ HUSSON
Remember to accept the solution so others can find the solution also.
Message 4 of 4
MazDyason
in reply to: Ed.McGriskin

I've never had to set up styles before in Civil 3D, so have found it a bit of a challenge to say the least! I hadn;t realised that all the layers for the different annotation/tick were not on so was changing settings that I couldn't the results for which was confusing matters! I've since turned on all the layers and one by one changed the colours and settings and now undertand a bit better how the styles are set up!

Thanks for your help guys.

Maz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report