Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile View Databands cause view to Zoom way out

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Jay_B
477 Views, 11 Replies

Profile View Databands cause view to Zoom way out

In the process of testing a new template which is based on the 2014 _AutoCAD Civil 3D (Imperial) NCS.dwt.

Once a Profile View is created in a new drawing from this dwt, zoom extents, zooms waaaay out from the normal view, just prior to adding profile view.

Possibly narrowed it down to the data band as running the LIST command & selecting ALL reports 14 found objects, then "R" for remove & a crossing selection of the drawing object area and Data band label group is the only remaining entity.

Command: LI
LIST
Select objects: all
14 found

Select objects: r
Remove objects: Specify opposite corner: 0 found
Remove objects: Specify opposite corner: 13 found, 13 removed, 1 total

Remove objects:
                  AECC_PROFILEDATABAND_LABELGROUP  Layer: "C-PROF-ANNO"
                            Space: Model space
                   Handle = cc9c

Deleting all items on bands tab in profile view properties causes zoom extents to function normally.

All of the same Data Band Styles including their Feature settings and CreateProfileView Command Settings are the same as our old dwt which does not have this new issue.

Any ideas on what the problem might be are appreciated.

2014 SP2 used.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Jay_B
in reply to: Jay_B

Hmm, decided to do a test using the OOTB _AutoCAD Civil 3D (Imperial) NCS.dwt and it's default styles and the same zoom issue is present.

When doing the LIST command the remaining entities weren't Data Bands but deleting bands from bands tab in pfl view prop's makes zoom function normally again.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 3 of 12
Jeff_M

I'm not seeing this here, Jay. I used the OOTB NCS Imperial dwt, added an alignment and profileview using the default settings. Zoom Extents, does exactly what I'd expect.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 12
Jay_B
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff,

Thanks for testing it out. I was going to file a support ticket but sounds like that might be premature.

Not making sense, as I tried at least 3 different arg profiles, the custom and OOTB dwt's.

I did do something I've not done before today and wonder if that may have pooched things.

Because there are numerous dwg Sys. Variables which don't mach between the c3d ncs and our dwt, I decided to try the SYSVDLG .svf? (filter from old dwt and read into rebuilt dwt)
PC did seem a little goofy after that, thought it was a dwg to dwg thing but as an example I the view style switched to other than 2d wire frame and kept loosing Sincpac Ribbon Tabs.
Going to have to test it on my other Win User Account, fingers crossed.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 12
Jeff_M

Jay, I realized after posting that I hadn't applied SP2 yet. So I do so, then retested. Again had no issues. Not sure what resetting the sysvars would do, at least in regards to this issue. Good luck!
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 12
Jay_B
in reply to: Jeff_M

Crisis averted. Smiley Happy

Must be something with my system settings, tested in my other Windows User Account & it works as expected.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 7 of 12
mschwartz25CES

So there wasn't a resolution for this problem? Profiles are consistently causing what I assume is a 0,0 point object to be created, cause my drawing to zoom way out when I zoom extents.

Message 8 of 12
Jay_B
in reply to: mschwartz25CES

In my case it was something with my Windows User account.

Logging in as a different user resolved it.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 9 of 12
mschwartz25CES

Thanks for the suggestion but that isn't possible while working at a company.

Message 10 of 12
Jay_B

Do your peers see the same behavior on their computers?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 11 of 12
mschwartz25CES

Ah, ok. It does seem isolated to my machine or profile. Is there anyway it could be a setting in AutoCAD? Getting a new Windows profile just isn't something I can reasonably expect, not to mention all the hassle that goes along with that. I guess I will just need to work around the command otherwise.

Message 12 of 12
Jay_B

Yes, try a Reset of User Settings, but please be aware it does just what it implies & resets C3d to Default.

Any customization will need to be backed up / redone.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report