Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile view data level difference units

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
trevj
740 Views, 7 Replies

Profile view data level difference units

In my profile view I have existing and proposed levels in m.

The level difference is also in m but I'd like it to be scaled to show mm, as this is quicker to read on site.

delta_units.PNG

Does anyone know of a way to achieve this, please? Is there some way to edit the equation and multiply by 1000?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tcorey
in reply to: trevj

It is a wish list item to allow Expressions to be used in Profile Bands.

The workaround I use is to create an expression in Profile Major Station labels, create a label style that uses the expression. To get it to show up where you want in a band, set the Anchor Point of the component to Anchor Station Extension. This way all the labels will be aligned and then you can use a Y offset to move them down so they line up with your band. Edit your Profile Labels, add this label style and set the correct increment.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 8
mathewkol

There should be no need for any expression. In the label style composer can you not just select mm as the unit? For every other label style you can. I'd attach a screen shot but for some reason C3D can't be installed on my BlackBerry.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 8
tcorey
in reply to: mathewkol

Ha. Dumb American, me, didn't realize you can just change your units to mm. Maybe I shouldn't answer when someone's quesiton is in a foreign language, metric.

Thanks, Matt!

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 8
mathewkol
in reply to: tcorey

Any time.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 6 of 8
trevj
in reply to: mathewkol

@mathewkol wrote:
There should be no need for any expression. In the label style composer can you not just select mm as the unit? For every other label style you can. I'd attach a screen shot but for some reason C3D can't be installed on my BlackBerry.

Thanks. I navigated my way there and it works.

Millimetre isn't listed, but manually editing 'Ucm' to 'Umm' works. Combined with 'sign always' this is just the trick!

Message 7 of 8
trevj
in reply to: tcorey

@tcorey wrote:

Maybe I shouldn't answer when someone's quesiton is in a foreign language, metric.

Pas de problème!

Message 8 of 8
Rohit.Kaushik49XCJ

Hi, Can you please elaborate how you got to the lable style set editor to change the units in mm. A screenshot might help. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report