Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile view base point

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jbear0000
319 Views, 4 Replies

Profile view base point

I have an alignment that is 46,000' long for a gas pipeline. I have to create profile views at areas where it crosses streams and roads. When I create a profile view for a 200' section in the middle some place and click to place the profile view the place I click is used as station 0+00 and the profile view jumps way over to the right where its station would be. Is there a setting that will place the profile view exactly where I click?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mathewkol
in reply to: jbear0000

When you click, you're not specifying where 0+00 will be. You're specifying where the bottom-left corner of the view will be. If your style is such that there are extra grids or padding, 0+00 will be somewhat to the right. If you want 0+00 there, you need to remove the extra grids or padding. Or just move the view afterwards.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 5
jbear0000
in reply to: mathewkol

There is no padding on my profile views, it is not offset just a 50 or 100 feet, but thousands of feet. It is because the point I click is considered 0+00, but the profile view is for station 205+00 - 207+00, so it is moved over 20,500' from where I clicked and I then have to go find it and move to where I want it. See the attached image for what I am talking about.

Message 4 of 5
blt
Advocate
in reply to: jbear0000

You could make subset alignments of your mainline where you have crossing and then the profile would be only of that subset.

Bryan Thorp, PLS
Civil 3D 2017 SP1
Dell OptiPlex 990 Workstation
Intel I7
16 Gig of RAM
Message 5 of 5
jbear0000
in reply to: blt

It isn't worth the trouble having 30 alignments in 1 drawing just to solve this problem. I would much rather just go find the profile view than to create a bunch of extra alignments and profiles for each one and then make sure that their stations match the main profile.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report