Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profile slope label

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
nostupidquestions
18586 Views, 10 Replies

profile slope label

i'm trying to add an extra slope label to my profile so i can show the slope of my proposed grade on two separate sheets. under the 'add labels' menu under profiles, there is no option for slope, only sta/elev and depth. i also can't slide my slope label up or down the line, it drags and creates a leader. is there a way to do this that i'm not grasping? thanks.
Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2245 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Under "Edit Label..." for your profile (not profile view) add an extra line label for percent slope. This will essentially add a second set of percent grade labels directly on top of the first. You can drag the extra ones that you need to a different spot. For the remaining ones, you can leave them where they are or CTRL-Click each individually and erase them. I think the former is much quicker.
To get rid of the leader, edit the label style for percent grade, under the Dragged state, and set the leader visibility to false.

Message 3 of 11

thanks. that works. i was thinking it would work like a line label where it would slide along the line and then by dragging it away from the line it would create a leader. oh well.
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 4 of 11

the dragged label also doesn't stay aligned with the line.
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: nostupidquestions

Not an ideal solution, but I add a PI in the profile at the match line, this
way the FG gets labeled at the match and the slopes get labeled on each
sheet. I do the same thing with pipes, by adding a Null structure at the
match line which labels the pipes to the match line.

"NoStupidQuestions" wrote in message news:6347283@discussion.autodesk.com...
> the dragged label also doesn't stay aligned with the line.
Message 6 of 11

In your percent grade label editor, under the Dragged State tab, change the Dragged State Components > Display to "As Composed." Now your grade labels will stay aligned with the line when moved.
Message 7 of 11

that's perfect. thanks.
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 8 of 11
MosheDesk
in reply to: castled071049

Hi!

I dont have an option to add a pecent grade label... I have a civil3d 2015.

is there a different way?

thanks

Message 9 of 11
jwhanna
in reply to: nostupidquestions

My annotation labels for grade, slope, and elevation keep disappearing in my layouts and in my model space. They only come on when all layers are turned on. I have checked the layer and make sure that that particular one is turned on, but have had no luck.

Message 10 of 11
slant
in reply to: jwhanna

if layer 0 is off, it won't matter if the layer you have assigned to the style is on or not. They have to both be on because Autodesk hates you.

Message 11 of 11
tcabrera78
in reply to: MosheDesk

Follow the same steps given by "castled071049" Under "Edit Label..." for your profile (not profile view) add an extra line label for "Profile 1 Instantaneous Grade". After editing the label style you will notice "???' in the preview.  Click okay and exit out of the editing mode or pop-up window.  Select one of your existing labels with the "Properties" window open. Direct your eyes to where it says "General" and  look for "Profile1 Object", it should read none, select that and change it to read the name of your "Existing Surface".  After you have done that you will notice the question marks in your label will disappear and percentage will be displayed.  I do not know how accurate these slopes are because I believe the values all depend on how accurate your surface is.  Hope this helps or makes sense.

@"  CliMosheDesk wrote:

Hi!

I dont have an option to add a pecent grade label... I have a civil3d 2015.

is there a different way?

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report