Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profile problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
johnaa52
374 Views, 5 Replies

profile problem

I am doing a street design project. I am using Version 2012 Civil. Our surveyors collect their info using a TSC2 With a Trimble robatic total station. We use Trimble office to download and upload our project. I am sending a picture of what the problem is. As you see, on my profile that the first elevation is around -.39. I do not know where this is coming from because if you look at the rest of my profile thegrades are fine. I ran a report using toolbox and the report of profile-Incremental station elevation differance. I am including these also. The centerline report is fine, but my left and right grades look fine untill you see around sta 1+98.18 that my elevation differance is 58.94' and then at station 2+00 and 2+06.86 that is where I get the number -0.39. I will also send my drawing with the other reports.( My dwg is to big to send) Please tell me how I can get this fixed withoutme sending my dwg.I thank you for your time and patience.

John Anderson

25 W 4th Street

900 CHA

Saint Paul Mn 55102-1634

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

From the looks of the report your existing ground stops before the end of the profile and the design profile drops down to -0.39 for the last couple of feet of the profile.

Does the profile view look correct?

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6

Yes, it looks okay except at the beging instead of starting at elevation 136 it starts at -.39 which makes the profile view stretch from -.39 to the real elevation. Thank you by the way for responding. This one has got me stumped.

Message 4 of 6

If this is a design profile, change it to what it should be. If it is and existing ground profile cut from the surface, then there is an issue with the surface that you need to correct.

This looks like a data issue.

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6

Hi Peter

Working for a Company, (Public Works), means that although the problem will be fixed, it will not be as quickly as if in the private sector. I thank you for your response and I have talked to the right people, at least I hope so, and we are working on it. Sounds kind of political, dont it:<)

johnaa

Message 6 of 6
johnaa52
in reply to: johnaa52

Hi all

I am still having my problem with the Profile View. In the profile view, the red indicates the right curb and the yellow is the left curb.For some reason the yellow curb grade drops of to -0.42' even using the same existing surface. I did the curb grades by creating a corridor, picked the same baseline and profile. I input the assemblies the same way I do on all my dwgs. One quarter of my dwgs. have this happen and sometimes it is in the begining where she falls off. I start with the same assembly, intersection from the CL of the perpendicular street and end with it. I trimmed my profile view to 60' but you can see that it goes well under that. In my Properties pic you can see that under Elevations, I had to check user specified height because the automatic height lists the minimum at -0.42'. HELP! Thank you.

johnaa52

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report