Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profile pipe network labels

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CADmgrMike
460 Views, 4 Replies

profile pipe network labels

If I have a pipe that spans between two profile views, is there a way to label the pipe in each profile view with only the lineal feet that is showing in that profile view?

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ccoles
in reply to: CADmgrMike

I've had to do that on occasion. There is a trick to it. First, expand the profile view to cover the midpoint of the pipe. Add the label, then drag it towards the end of the pipe within the desired profile view limits. Then return the profile view to the desired limits. On the next view, simply add the profile label and drag it as desired.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 3 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: CADmgrMike

Because the same label style is used for both plan and profile labeling, there is no way to do this. The pipe label expressions would need something along the lines of, "view end station" and "pipe start station in view" but those don't exist.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 5
ccoles
in reply to: ccoles

oops, pardon me. I read the last line wrong. I think the only way to just show the pipe length within the profile view is to manually override the text. The label will want to show total pipe length irregardless of the profile.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 5 of 5
CADmgrMike
in reply to: ccoles

I was just getting ready to reply with that comment but you beat me to it. Smiley Tongue

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report