Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile of Structure

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
kclark138
178 Views, 8 Replies

Profile of Structure

I'm trying to do the profile of a pipe network. It a rather big network with
many segments and branchs. I can't seem to get the downstream structure that
is on the main line to show up on the profile view of the branch line. Any
one seen theis before.

--
Kevin Clark E.I.T.
Hayes James & Assoc.

The best Land Development CAD tools
http://hyaline-eng.com/software/ldr.html
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: kclark138

Did you ever get a fix for this, Kevin? I have a customer having a very similar if not the same problem...
Message 3 of 9
dheller84

Have you checked the downstream structures RIM elevation. I was having a problem like that where the RIM elevation was set at 0, so the structure was not showing up on the profile view. Also make sure it is referencing the correct surface and alignment. Hope that helps.
Message 4 of 9
kbellson

the rim is 0 probably because the structure has no surface in that area.
and
it doesnt show up in the profile because the alignment doesnt go far enough to the structure.

not sure how to work around this yet though
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

In my case, there are two pipes in the middle of a network that won't show up in the profile view, and then one structure at the beginning of another pipe network won't show up in a different profile view. They all seem to be at correct elevations...
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I had a similar problem with a structure not showing up in the profile view. I right-clicked on the structure (in plan view) and selected Structure properties. The Insertion Rim Behavior showed the correct Insertion Rim Elevation, I changed the Automatic Surface Adjustment to False and applied. Boom there was the structure in the profile view. I don't know why it worked but for me it did the trick.

Cliff
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I tried the "Automatic Surface Adjustment" toggle on the man hole structure, it didn't work. There IS no Automatic Surface Adjustment toggle for pipes so that's out... Thanks for trying tho!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Any fixes yet for structure not showing up in profile???
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

did you check the profile view properties to see if the pipe your looking for has a check mark next to it? Maybe you didn't click that item when you were adding them to the profile view.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report