Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profile not dynamically locking

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jrasd
1846 Views, 5 Replies

profile not dynamically locking

I have created an intersection and for some reason, my secondary profile does not dynamically lock?  Any suggestions?

Jon, C3D 2012

Jon
AutoCAD C3D 2014, SP1
Win7 - 64bit
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SethHall
in reply to: jrasd

I appreciate the screen shots, but I am still not completely sure what you mean. Are you talking about changing the UPDATE TYPE in profile properties between DYNAMIC and STATIC?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 6
Neilw_05

Are you sure the profiles are not locked at the PVI? I think you have to pick the grip to see the lock icon. It should also appear when you view the PVI's in the tablular editor.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 4 of 6
jrasd
in reply to: Neilw_05

I am sure they are not dynamically locked.

I tried building the intersection again with the default subassemblies and it worked, dynamic locking of the profiles and all.  I'm not sure why you only Autodesk's prebuilt assemblies allow for dynamic locking?  Is is something in the code set?

Jon

Jon
AutoCAD C3D 2014, SP1
Win7 - 64bit
Message 5 of 6
Neilw_05

The profiles should lock without using the "create corridor" options and assemblies, or any of the other options. Thus the intersection tool can be used for nothing more than linking the profiles.

I suspect something else was wrong with your intersection, but creating the corridor fixed it.

Perhaps you might run some tests with to see if you can determine what went wrong. If you recreate the intersection without the corridor options does it lock? If you create new alignments and profiles do they lock when you create an intersection? That would be a good way to verify your workflow.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 6 of 6
jrasd
in reply to: Neilw_05

Neil,

I tried as you suggested, and it worked.  I didn't need to create a corridor from the intersection wizard, and i can still get my profiles to lock, very awesome, thanks.

Jon

Jon
AutoCAD C3D 2014, SP1
Win7 - 64bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report