AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 1 of 4 (192 Views)
Accepted Solution

Profile Middle Ordinate Expression

192 Views, 3 Replies
04-09-2012 06:10 AM

I'm trying to build an expression to display the Middle Ordinate for profile curves. I don't usually do this but it's required for this project.

The first thought was to subtract the PVI elevation from the profile elevation. The PVI elevation is easy but I don't see an easy way to get the profile elevation. I can go through the whole formula for calculating the grade. But that will probably take some debugging.

Does anyone know a better way.

Allen

Use the "Tangent Offset at PVI" label property. This is the distance from PVI to the profile elevation. Here is the expression I use to get the midpoint elevation.

IF({Grade In}<{Grade Out}, ({PVI Elevation}+{Tangent Offset at PVI}), ({PVI Elevation}-{Tangent Offset at PVI}))

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 2 of 4 (190 Views)

Re: Profile Middle Ordinate Expression

04-09-2012 06:23 AM in reply to: AllenJessup

Use the "Tangent Offset at PVI" label property. This is the distance from PVI to the profile elevation. Here is the expression I use to get the midpoint elevation.

IF({Grade In}<{Grade Out}, ({PVI Elevation}+{Tangent Offset at PVI}), ({PVI Elevation}-{Tangent Offset at PVI}))

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 3 of 4 (186 Views)

04-09-2012 06:36 AM in reply to: Jeff_M

Very nice Jeff. Thank you. I'll see if I'm talented enough to use it in a few minutes.

Allen

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 4 of 4 (181 Views)

04-09-2012 06:53 AM in reply to: Jeff_M

Worked very well. Thank you.

I'm going a little batty trying to match the labels on the attached.

Allen

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.