Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Line Types

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cbrockway
327 Views, 5 Replies

Profile Line Types

Having issues with linetypes on profiles brought in via data shortcuts.

If I bring surfaces into a drawing by data shortcuts then set up a profile from surfaces I can manipulate the linetypes in the profile without issue. However, if I create a profile in the source drawing where all the surfaces live, then in the current working drawing data shortcut the profile in (with alignments and surfaces that are associated with it), then create the profile from those surfaces, I am unable to manipulate the linetypes at all.

Not a huge issue, but it is nagging at me because I have tried everything I can think of and still can't solve it.

Any insite would be appreciated.
Chris Brockway, CTech - Civil Designer
Hatch Mott MacDonald
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012, ProjectWise Explorer V8i, Bluebeam Revu x64 CAD V10.2.2
Intel Xeon @ 3.20 GHz
Nvidia Quadro 2000D Dual Monitors
16GB ram / Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit SP1
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: cbrockway

It's a known issue. You'll have to create the profile in the drawing if
you want to have linetype generation enabled.

At least you can quit trying to figure it out, right?

JW
Message 3 of 6
cbrockway

Thanks.

Yah, at least I will be able to sleep tonight.
Chris Brockway, CTech - Civil Designer
Hatch Mott MacDonald
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012, ProjectWise Explorer V8i, Bluebeam Revu x64 CAD V10.2.2
Intel Xeon @ 3.20 GHz
Nvidia Quadro 2000D Dual Monitors
16GB ram / Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit SP1
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I like those types of responses because it minimizes my head scratching and
I can jump right into finding a solution.

James was nice enough to give you both. 😉

--
John Mayo, PE

Core i7 920 6GB DDR3
Radeon 4870HD 1 GB
Vista64
Message 5 of 6
castled071049

As an addendum to James' comment, this problem occurs everytime you create sheets through the Plan Production process to generate Plan and Profile sheets. These generated profiles are static, not dynamic, and static profiles do not have linetype generation qualities. You have to delete these static profiles from the profile views and recreate them through the Create Profile from Surface command. Profiles created in this manner are dynamic and will give you the linetype look you seek. It doesn't take long to do, but must be done with every profile in every generated profile sheet that has a linetype other than continuous.
Message 6 of 6
Jwill2127
in reply to: castled071049

You can change the visual style for the drawing to make a referenced "static" profile appear with correct linetype. But I do not suggest this since the change will slow down the drawing display for most computers. I wanted to post this effect on static profile linetypes when changing the visual style for Autodesk and users to note. Maybe Autodesk can code sampled profiles to display differently, flat, next version or with a patch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report