Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Line Styles

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1007 Views, 11 Replies

Profile Line Styles

I am creating profiles and I can not get the existing grade linetype to show up as a uniformed dashed line.  The layer is set up for a dashed line but   the existing profile line is made up of too many nodes to make the linestyle look right.  Anyone know how to solve this?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello MartinLotofEights,

Make the profile Dynamic and the plinegen functionality will become active. Also, check your linetype setting in the profile style and pay attention to the linetype scale here as well.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

thanks....it wont let you change an existing profile from static to dynamic will it?
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Per the attached you can see the profile is created with numerous nodes which causes the linetype to not be presented correctly.  The program will not let you change it from static to dynamic.  I know microstation has a command to change this.   

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Per the attached you can see the profile is created with numerous nodes which causes the linetype to not be presented correctly.  The program will not let you change it from static to dynamic.  I know microstation has a command to change this.   

Message 6 of 12
Joe-Bouza

plinegen should take care of that regardless of the vertices.

if the profile was a surface profile and switched to static you should be able to set back, but if it never came fro a surface it wont

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

plinegen set at 1 or 0 seems to have no effect at all on the profile. it is a profile created from a surface and it will not let me change it between static and dynamic
Message 8 of 12
Jeff_M

Which version of C3D are you using?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

I am using 2013.

So I am creating this profile from an existing groudn surface and when I create it it doesnt give me the option to change it from dyanamic to static (it is greyed out).  The existing ground profile is creating with many nodes which looks like it causing this issue.

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

when I create the profile the attached is what I get.  It will not let me change between dynamic and static.  I dont know if that is the cause of this or not.

Its odd becaue I can create other profiles in the drawing file and it will let me change between the two.

Message 11 of 12
Jeff_M

Martin, your image shows an icon for the profile type to have been created from a file, not a surface. In this image I show a clip from yours and a clip from one of my profile views showing the diferent types, first one is a layout profile, second one is a surface profile, and the last one is a profile from file. The profile from file is always static so you will not get the linetypegen to work with that profile unless you explode it to a polyline.

12-13-2013 11-13-49 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 12 of 12
Jay_B

Try Joe's method in this post for convert Surface Profile to Layout Profile.
I used it to convert a Profile from File to a Layout Profile and it worked.
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Create-proposed-profile-from-surface-profile/...
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report